Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2009 10:42 AM
To: Allison Campbell
Subject: Good luck
Greetings from Beijing. It's sunday night here and I had a great day. I rented a bike in the hjstoric area of town and toured the hutong, the narrow traditional alleys of Beijing that are fast disappearing due to insane and unchecked development. The old way of life is being confined to few tourist zones. I bked in some amazing alleys today. They'll probably be gone by my next visit. The ones I saw last tine are gone.
End of travelogue. Have a great game. Say hi to the team. I'll be on a bullet train to tianjin at kick off.
Best,
PI
______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
______________________________________________________________________
Good win 2-1. Lucky in some respects since they hit the post three times I think. George made some great saves and Griz saved off the line. They had more shots than us, but they were distracted by the field goal posts because many of their shots went through the uprights. We withstood a lot of pressure in the second half.
ReplyDeleteJon had the assist for my goal in the opening minutes. Who assisted Jon's goal in the dying minutes? It was a long high pass from our left midfield to Jon on the outside right - on the sidelines we didn't think he would get there in time, but he did and his shot hit the inside of the far post and bounced into the net.
Beijing! How amazing! I had no idea you were going, I'm very jealous! Post pics!
ReplyDeleteAdrian has Jon's assist.
ReplyDeleteGreat game everyone!
Ally
Nice game reporting. Meg, be careful what you ask for for, I have lots of photos!
ReplyDeletePI