Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, October 26, 2009

Into the wild

When you organize a soccer team, you hear lots of different reasons why players can't make games - got lost, hungover from Penn State homecoming, going to Peru for semi-pro match, have to watch the kids, swine flu.

But I've never heard this one: Arctic Survival Training. Out for three weeks.

And it's true, folks. Our versatile midfielder/defender, Mike, is off to the Great North for some Air Force reserve training. Captain Mike (literally) is going to enroll in the training and do a first person narrative for the Air Force Times, for which he is a reporter. That is going to be a really cool story. I wish he could blog it, but my instincts tell me that blogging won't be part of the curriculum.

It's a tough loss for us. I mean, the guy had a hat trick last weekend on three set pieces. That's a Goleros record. I don't think we've ever scored on three set pieces, let alone from strikes by the same player. The closest thing I can recall is two penalty kicks by Bubbles in the Coed Classic, one to put us in OT, and the other at the PK phase.

Travel and survive!

P.S. - can anyone tell me where the title of this post comes from?




1 comment:

  1. that dude that went to alaska and died cause he didn't have a map that would have showed him a rope pulley bridge to cross over the river.

    ReplyDelete