Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The final countdown



Here we go.  We kick off the spring season - and our 10th year - at 5:30 in Pentagon City.  We are playing DC Thunder, which has some wicked attacking options that we will have to be prepared to stuff.  I hope you're excited!  The Goleros email, blog and text universe is buzzing.  We've got a lot of enthusiastic people out there.  The offseason is almost over...

A few reminders.

We are playing on artificial turf this weekend so the game is on rain or shine.  Only thunder - not DC Thunder, but actual thunder - will stop us from playing.  If you have a question, call the inclement weather line shown on this home page.  

Please show up early because we want to take the field in an organized fashion in our first game.  You know how I suck at that.

Don't forget to bring your dues!  That's really important.  I had to front the money for you people already.  If you are not playing in the game, please pay your dues via paypal or call me to get my address for a check.  There was an earlier post on this.

No slide tackles in the league.  If you do one in the box, and it denies a goal scoring opportunity, the refs will now award a PK by rule.

That's all for now.  See you on the field!






1 comment:

  1. About rule changes I think one of the other ones is even more important. Red cards are now sex specific, which means if a guy gets a red card the team can no longer go down to four women instead of loosing a man on the field. It's a good rule change I believe because men get more red cards than women (by a slight margin) and often captains have taken off one of their five women on the field to keep the number of men on the field at six. (I don't think Goleros ever did that because our women players are so much better than our men)

    ReplyDelete