Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, June 23, 2008

Breaking news

We will play the Flirts on Sunday for the division championship. We played the Flirts in the first game of the season and won by a score of 1-0 (game report here). It was a critical and close game decided by a single late goal.

In the playoffs, the Flirts won by forfeit vs Two Left Feet on Saturday and defeated ClareAndDons on Sunday. $10 says the scout we saw at the field in the last regular season game was a Flirts player. I do recall him wearing one of those blue shirts.

No word on the kickoff time yet. We've requested a late game.

We'll get a game report up shortly for the semifinal thriller. People are welcome to send their comments. Must have been an awesome game!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome, glad to hear we pulled out a win to make it to the finals.

    I'm rooting for the 7:00 pm game for the finals. I've noticed the rotate the games each year. So if I'm right, we should get the 5:00 pm game.

    The first year we played the 1st scheduled game (of 4) (our loss to Team X), last fall 3rd division played the 2nd scheduled game (Red Devils v. Far Post, I think), so it would stand to reason that we play the 3rd scheduled game this year, which would put us at 5. Then again, they may not be very systematic about this and I am simply inferring a pattern where there is none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. game likely to be at 3pm. stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latest development: our game may now be at 10:00 a.m. There is yet another possibility that it can be moved to 4pm. I'm going to talk to the commish about doing that - better for most people. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10:AM game, I'll be there.

    4:PM game, I'll be there for the second half.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the Flirts, win they get the promotion, and Clare&Dons gets to stay in 3rd division.

    Must have been a good game last night between them. (btw - Flirts wore yellow)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like 10:AM. Wakefield.

    I'm in.

    Mike might be out, according to what he was saying yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. game time isn't certain yet, because I need to talk to the commish.

    don't forget this scenario. If we win and they promote/relegate 2 teams, ClareAndDons get the nod I think, based on their 2nd place finish. The Flirts will be highly motivated in this game.

    ReplyDelete