This is a great youtube video of the great goals of the 2006 World Cup. The two candidates from Argentina are impressive. Cambiaso's finish to a 25-pass rally is something to watch, and Maxi Rodriguez's trap is awesome.
The best goal was...? You tell me.
I like the Torres goal because of the lead up play by Puyol. Spain was my favorite team (after US) during the cup...they played with such flair.
ReplyDeletethere are a ton of impressive goals. i think Argentina might take the cake. The first goal, while not that remarkable of a shot, was a deadly protracted build-up. It looks like the other team is a bunch of toy soldiers. The Maxi Rodriguez goal is a very impressive feat.
ReplyDeletei watched it again during MNF. Torres has amazing form when he strikes it. The other goal that really caught my attention was Joe Cole's blast off the clearance. I've always wanted to score like that!
ReplyDeleteyep Cole's goal was one of my favorites during the tournament...since I am a Liverpool supporter I do try to catch all the England games on the tele.
ReplyDeleten