Here is the letter to United to DC from the team:
November 6, 2007
Ms. Sara Rabe
Program Manager
United for D.C.
c/o RFK Stadium
2400 East Capitol Street S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003
Dear Sara,
On behalf of 20 recreational soccer players and fans of DC United, I would like to present our second contribution to United for DC. Although it is a modest contribution of $250.00, it represents an increase over our contribution this past spring.
As you may know, the Goleros are an adult, co-ed, recreational soccer team based in Washington, D.C. Founded seven years ago, we play on Sundays in the Capital Coed Soccer League (CCSL – http://theccsl.com). We have nominated United for DC as a designated charity for which we reserve a portion of our bi-annual dues. We hope to continue making periodic donations to support your organization’s mission of promoting literacy and healthy living for local children.
On a personal note, thank you for email acknowledgment of our last contribution. I posted it on our blog, which I think helped generate some additional interest in contributing to the charitable program this year. In the future, please feel free to keep us apprised of your organization’s activities by email or snail mail. I hope that the annual charitable dinner was successful; next year, we hope to send some representatives.
Best regards,
Pete & Megan
Captains
cc: Zach Walker
Zach, our DCU ticket representative, said:
ReplyDeleteThanks for your contribution and support of D.C. United and United for D.C! We look forward to working with you for many years to come. Thanks!
Sara, the United for DC program coordinator, said:
ReplyDeleteI would like to second Zach's sentiments. I will look out for the check in the mail. Thank you for thinking about United for D.C.
Please let me know if you ever need more information about our programs.