Our outing to the DCU game was a smashing success! And by that I mean a few people got smashed, plus it was really a good time.
DC United suffered the same fate as the Goleros. Their season was ended by a questionable call at the end of the game that resulted in a goal being called back. They're out, we're out.
More later!
They have a great shot of the hand ball by Gomez that led to the goal being disallowed. Good call, IMO, but certainly not an easy one to make.
ReplyDeleteHere's a link.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2007/11/02/GA2007110201130.html
Also, the foul by Perkins in the box probably should have been a red card. still, i haven't seen the video yet of Gomez' handling, so i can't get on board with the call. i wanted the team to advance!
ReplyDeleteMe too. If my Rapids weren't in the MLS Cup, I wanted United to be there. I'm disappointed. RFK would have been absolutely rocking if United had made the final.
ReplyDeleteIt will still be a fun game, but it'll be different.