Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, November 12, 2007

Revs and Dynamo will play for MLS Championship

There's a second championship match on the line: the MLS Cup. It's this Saturday night at RFK. If you don't have your tickets, get them. It's a rematch of last year: New England Revolution versus Houston Dynamo. Kind of like the CCSL 3rd Division, it features the two best teams, other than the DC United. Chivas, which I liken to Far Post, had a great season but didn't yet have the playoff acumen to get to the championship.

Houston is an amazing team. A DC United/Houston match is what should have been. With DeRosario, Davis, Ching (questionable for the final), Clark and others, they are really stacked. They won last year in PKs. We'll have to see what happens. Despite the Revs' repeat appearances deep in the playoffs, they have no MLS Cups to their name.

6 comments:

  1. Umm.... the game is actually Sunday at noon, but you're welcome to chill at RFK on Saturday night. I'm sure there will be something going on there... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's a rematch of last year: New England Revolution versus Houston Dynamo. Kind of like the CCSL 3rd Division, it features the two best teams, other than the DC United. Chivas, which I liken to Far Post, had a great season but didn't yet have the playoff acumen to get to the championship."

    So are we more like the LA Galaxy or the Colorado Rapids? There until the end, but just narrowly missing out on the playoffs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops - yeah, it's Sunday.

    And the analogy isn't perfect. We are more like the DC United. The best team in the division but bounced early because we didn't step up! of course, we could be the Galaxy - but who is our Beckham?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, clearly I am the best looking, but I think Beckham and I play different styles... ;)

    Goleros, the Jewel of the CCSL third division. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6121030.stm

    Jer

    ReplyDelete
  5. jer makes a good beckham...good on the free kicks....not that fast ;)...hard tackler....likes to yell at the refs...good passer....screwed up east london accent

    (although I've been looking at some old family genealogy files my mom sent me and there is a beckham ancestor back there in my past. ;)

    ps i might have an extra ticket to the cup....if you're interested keep looking back here for a confirmation on that from me.

    n

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry...nope...no extra cup tickets

    thanks for checking back all you Blogleros!

    n

    ReplyDelete