Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, June 22, 2009

A yard of beer

You were probably wondering...why wasn't Ally at our playoff game?


Well, she was hard at work on a yard of beer.


She's out in Colorado Springs to manage an event at the legendary and luxurious Broadmoor Hotel. Beautiful place by the way. You have to stay there once in your life. Watch out for the many deer on the property. Adrian is a big fan of the nearby Garden of the Gods, he knows what I'm talking about.


The last time I stayed on the property, I attended a close friend's wedding. Kenny Loggins made a surprise appearance to play a few tunes. I have photographic proof should you require it.

See you back in DC, Ally.






5 comments:

  1. Ahh, the Golden Bee. My wife and I love going there.

    I gave Ally a hard time about being in Colorado Springs, but I didn't realize she was at the Broadmoor. I take it all back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the Golden Bee is right. That place is great!

    And in my defense... it was only a half a yard!

    See you all soon.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know the Golden Bee actually. I didn't recognize it there. For years, I had one of those sticky bees they give to kids on my trash can growing up.

    And here is Ally taking that childhood memory and turning it into a drinking contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you go to the oddly amusing waterfall behind the Broadmoor? I love the Broadmoor. Go every year for work since the Air Force loves having conferences there. Did you get to eat in any of their amazing restaurants?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I was at the Broadmoor last week for work. We ate at The hotel bar called the Tavern I believe on Sunday night. Then hit up the Golden Bee. Good thing my event didn't start until 12:00 pm on Tuesday.
    It was fun. Colorado is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete