Hey all,
I wanted to give you an update on where we stand with
getting the Spring season wrapped up. The rain has just wreaked havoc on
our schedule this season. I think I read that there has been 20 inches of
rain since the end of March. Just insane...
So to get the
season wrapped up before the summer starts (July 4th weekend) we are going to
have to truncate playoffs. We are trying to get the last of the rainouts
from last weekend scheduled before the weekend of the 20th. We will then
only have a single round of playoff games on June 21st and June 28th. The
plan is for the 5 seed to play the 6 seed & the 4 seed to play the 3
seed. These games will be June 21st (fingers crossed). Then we would
hold the championships on June 28th where each divisions 1 and 2 seeds would
play.
If games this weekend are also canceled, we will need to
reevaluate this plan as well and may have to truncate even
further.
We hate to have to cut the season short, but Im sure you
all are well aware of the scheduling constraints that we've had. I want to
specifically thank Lou for working his magic to try and work things out as
amicably as possible and to Jesse for his flexibility in always being able to
get full ref crews on short notice. Also thanks to you all for your
flexibility throughout this season.
Please let me know if anyone
has questions or concerns.
thanks!
Sanjay
CCSL
Commissioner
Inclement Weather Line
703-229-1705
Friday, June 12, 2009
Playoffs truncated
Due to many rain cancellations this season, the league doesn't have the time or field space to schedule playoffs over two weekends. Thus, the commish is truncating the playoffs. See his email below.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So if we win this weekend, that gives us 12 points, a hold on 4th place and another game against Gang Green on the 21st. If we tie or lose, we have to wait and see what happens with the Urban Achievers and Lost Tourists before we know if we get to play again. I think it is easier to just win this weekend, although I do enjoy playing against Armory.
ReplyDelete