Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Run, Cat, Run

Only a few weeks after competing in the Army 10-miler, after which she allegedly planned to play in our game (it got cancelled), Cat is running the Marine Corps!

That's quite a commitment and a feat. 26.2, wow. While we are running on the field, she will be running on the streets. Who runs more - a marathon racer or a Goleros midfielder? That's a tough one.

Best of luck!

Cat, make sure to let us know how everything went.

4 comments:

  1. 26.2 miles is 42,164.81 meters.

    They track some midfielders with a pedometer in the Champions League matches. The most I've ever seen (from somebody like Gerard) is something like 14,000 meters, which is 8.7 miles.

    Perhaps a Golero does half that, or 7,000 meters, which is 4.34 miles.

    Does that answer it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yeah, that answers it.

    But why do I have a feeling it's a lot less than 7,000 meters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess I was figuring a game with no subs - so maybe we do 3,500 meters

    That would be 17.5 times up and down the field - what do you think?

    I wonder if the champions league pedometer clocks them when they go into the locker room at halftime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support! I made it to the finish line in 4 hours 44 minutes and change. The weather was absolutely perfect. The crowd was great- people were there for almost every mile cheering on. My friends and family were scattered which made it even better. The first few miles were tough because of the volume of runners. It didn't thin about until about mile 11 which was hard to believe. It was hard to establish a pace but considering that I started out in the 5 hour group and came in with room to spare, I'm a happy girl. Tired and sore, but happy. I took a cold shower and might soak my legs later depending on my energy level, and my sobriety level :) See you all next week.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete