Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Play of the week

This guy made a sweet play last Sunday.  He followed a breakaway all the way to the goal and made a chest-save on the goal line to help preserve the victory.

Let's not forget Alec's impressive saves as well.  I can recall one save in which he came off his line and dove to block the ball and the striker from getting behind everyone.  It created enough of a delay to kill what I would have to characterize as a very good chance for DC Thunder.  Was that the same play as Grizzy's goal-line stand? 

I can't recall.

2 comments:

  1. There's no knockin' a dude who has his own T-shirt. All hail the GRIZ!!!

    Totally agree, a goal saved is a goal scored in a game like that. PLAY OF THE WEEK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess none of you guys went to the university of Montana. Their mascot is named Griz but I don't have the button down version yet.

    ReplyDelete