Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fallfest tournament?

Hey folks, the fall season is winding down. We've been talking about indoor in the offseason. I'm going to postpone indoor until January, when I hope to be able to put a team together. I want us to focus on the remaining games in outdoor and look at some possible socials.

However, I've been talking to the Columbia Soccer tournament president, and he's still thinking of doing the Fallfest tournament in Columbia, MD. He doesn't have any turf fields available so that would leave us with relatively hard grass (bummer). At this point, I would guess he would schedule it on one of the following Saturdays: Nov. 22nd (we might have a playoff game the next day), Nov. 29th (T-giving weekend), Dec. 6th, or Dec. 13th.

Playoff schedules aside, are you interested in doing the Fallfest tournament?

I say, yes, let's at least be open to the idea!

7 comments:

  1. I am definitely interested, however, I will be in Playa del Carmen, Mexico with the fam for the dates of 11/22 and 11/29. I can do either December date.

    I will also be unavailable for the finals if they are held on 11/23.

    -Alec

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about this. Driving that far to play on bad fields. I can play on bad fields here in my own back yard. Also, the chances are good that the tournament will get rained out. Didn't they cancel last year on us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nate. Crappy fields that time of year are a recipe for cancellation.

    Pete, this might be a good time to tell the guy who runs the tournament that if they can wrangle better fields, they can run a better and more comprehensive tournament.

    It's something they probably already know, but I'm with Nate on playing on a cruddy field in late November. It ain't worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested, but I can't commit with everything going on. I'll have to play it by ear as (whatever) date gets closer.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in (I have a little cabin fever these days)
    Griz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be interested but both those dates are bad for me so I would have to say I am out.

    ReplyDelete