Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Much improved

I think we're all a little surprised at our indoor record. But we played well last night versus what I imagine is one of the top teams in the table (Dirty Nellys). Unfortunately, we lost 4-2 in a close game.

The difference was a few plays. Tactically, we were excellent. We effectively used man coverage, taking their key playmakers out of the game. We had a midfield that was relatively active on and off the ball. We dribbled when more possession was required. We passed from the back to open up the game when Dirty Nelly's pressed. And we counter-attacked and took shots from the perimeter to keep them honest (we picked up our two goals this way courtesy of Max and Adrian).

Unfortunately, the game came down to a few plays in which we either fell asleep or were outmatched. Their first goal came on a quick restart from the corner and we gave their best female forward a free deflection into the net. Their other three goals were the result of one-on-one's that didn't go in our favor.

I felt that we had a good team dynamic not to mention several good individual performances such as Nate's in goal. Whereas previous games weren't well managed by yours truly, this one came out alright. Let's keep it up next week!

Special thanks to Lexi for joining us.

Notes: 4-2 loss versus Dirty Nellys on 3/12/08. GKs: Adrian, Nate.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete