When the clock struck midnight last Wednesday, we ended the match on a 2-2 draw. Despite the late late match, every member of the team was in attendance. Nate did a great job in goal. Goals by Juan and Max.
The tie is either our second under-performance or, if you think the glass is half full, the start of playoff run. I'm a glass half full guy. No, we didn't strike the ball well, distribute well from the back line, or threaten much. But we controlled the match and fixed most of the problems from last week's meltdown. Gung Ho was well rounded, but didn't have the striking ability to win the game outright. Tim hit the cross bar in the last few minutes, which was the closest either team got to winning the match - except of course for Adrian's goal-line save at the very end! That was comical, impressive, but scary.
I thought it was a good game on everyone's part. I like how we made the best of a full bench. We're having a decent season. Let's keep it up.
Notes: Feb. 27, 2008, 2-2 tie versus Gung Ho, GK: Nate
No comments:
Post a Comment