Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Friday, October 8, 2010

Number 14 took the armband


With Ally and I out for several recent games, Adrian stepped in as captain.  All he did was pick up four more points for us and keep our no-loss streak alive.  We are 2-1-2 thus far, with a solid but still modest 8 points.  We've had two good performances in recent weeks.


I am going to save the detailed game reporting for later.  Maybe I'll update the post.  I didn't witness the first game and only saw a portion of the second.  I will note the high quality of Suzie's goal in the second match.  She timed her run to the goal line perfectly and headed/shouldered in a high cross.  The flow of it was nice to watch.  Mark, blending into our talented midfield, did great and scored his first goal for the club.  He had played an entire season for us in 2004 and then some tournaments thereafter.  Let's also note the effort put forth by Nate in goal last week.  He took one for the team and preserved something (a point) for it.  Nice job!


Notes: 3-0 win vs Geezers on 9/26/2010 at Dunbar HS.  Goals: Adrian (Nate), Chris D. (Jer), Nate (Griz).   GK: Anna.  


3-3 tie vs Lost Tourists on 10/3/2010 at Galludet University.  Goals: Mark (Diana?), Suzie (Chris N.), Mike (PK earned by Chris N.).  Discipline: Mike (flagrant foul).  GK: Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment