
This photo is so...Cat.
There she is running the Pittsburgh Marathon, trying to convince the viewer that it's fun or something. Just another 26.2.
She's up to a new challenge this weekend: first triathalon. I believe it's the Reston Tri. Too bad that she can't play with us that morning, but there is no stopping this chick from these endurance events. I've done posts on this insanity before.
Make sure to let us know how it comes out. How long were the segments and what was the hardest? I'm particularly interested in the swim segment. Is it in natural water or a pool? What kind of bike did you use for the bike segment?
Good luck!
The race went very well! I don't know any official times besides my actual finish which was 3:11:40. I am extremely pleased with it as this was my first one ever.
ReplyDeleteThe swim was pretty good, it was an out and back in a lake. I wore a wet suit which helped a lot. The bike part was fun, it was 3 loops in Reston and then the run was a 6.2 on trails that were mighty hilly. Overall, I the hardest part was the last loop on the bike because I didn't train well for it and hadn't rode more than 15 miles (it was 23 total) but I did well and then hit the run pretty good. My knees got sore but they haven't healed from the IT band issues this summer so that was not a complete surprise.
The lake swim was definitely fun as opposed to swimming in a lap pool, and I rode a road bike that I borrowed from a friend last minute. My mountain bike was not going to cut it!