Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, September 21, 2009

Back from Uganda



Earlier, you read about Heather's travels to Uganda on this blog and over email.


By now, you've noticed that she's back and had a great time. Tracy and I got to hear about the trip on the long and winding drive through Southeast on the way to the Ridge field a few weeks ago.


Heather, tell us what you did there and any good stories - particular about soccer. Judging from your photos, it looked like you kicked the ball a little and witnessed some organized U17 matches at Mandela stadium. I think I mentioned before that John Magoba, who used to play for us, once gave me an official Uganda national jersey worn by players in practice. It's one of my favorite soccer jerseys.


Heather shared her photos with me on picasa. She'll probably share them with you too, if you want to see more.





These kids have heart

No comments:

Post a Comment