Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This weekend on the Mall

Katya has a good tip.  This Sunday, after our 1:00 p.m. game, people can wander over to the Green Apple Festival, an environmental music festival.  There are some pretty decent acts there.

Here's a list:

The Roots & Friends


featuring Doug E. Fresh, Ne-Yo, Talib Kweli, will.i.am, Chrisette Michele and more

 

Gov't Mule

 

Umphrey's McGee

 

O.A.R. (special acoustic kickoff set)

 

Thievery Corporation (DJ Set)


Toots & The Maytals


Warren Haynes Solo Acoustic

 

Mambo Sauce


CityDance Ensemble


Joy of Motion: Urban Impact


DC Boys Choir

 

Special National Anthem performance by American Idol winner Jordin Sparks 




See anyone you like?


4 comments:

  1. Talib Kweli and the Roots, two of the best conscious hip hop acts out there. Man, now I'm doubly bummed that I'm missing this game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OAR as well is one of my top FAVES!!! Jer, I have a feeling The Roots wont be going on till late...or I HOPE SO! If not, I may start singing in the middle of the field!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the Roots on the Colbert Report last night. They're pretty good - at least the Colbert anthem.

    PI

    ReplyDelete
  4. so that was the same Roots on the Colbert Report....cool...(they smashed up their guitars and everything!)

    I'm too old though, I don't recognize any of those names.

    See you at the next Police reunion tour ;)

    ReplyDelete