See commissioner's note:
Rainouts
If you hadnt noticed, we've had a wee bit of rain
already this season. The rainouts wreak havoc on the schedule even with a
week built in for makeups. We are feverishly working to get last weeks
games rescheduled and adjust the playoffs accordingly. There may even by
an opportunity to for teams {that are able to}to play on Memorial Day. Lou
will be reaching out to you all. Its supposed to rain again this weekend
so keep your ears peeled to the weather line again. If there are any
more rainout weekends, we will likely have to truncate playoffs as per the bylaw
change last Spring. We cant push further into the summer as it will impact
the planning for a Summer session and also we start to come up on July 4th
weekend when people are unavailable for playoffs. So we need to get Spring in by
6/29.
I believe we are in a "La Nina" year.
ReplyDeleteThe last time we were in a "La Nina" year and it rained like this (i.e. all the time) the team I played on barely got 8 games in. Some teams only played 7 games. And there were no playoffs.
Our outlook doesn't look good. We are scheduled for three games on grass fields - not to mention the rained out game yet to be rescheduled. If it continues to rain, these fields (especially the Mall fields) will not dry out, and we will not be able to play.
Of course I always look on the bright side.
Currently Weather.com says it is supposed to rain Saturday, if this happens I give it a 92.68% chance that our game will be canceled.
ReplyDeleteOn the bright side, Liam, Mike and I had fun in the scrimmage on Sunday.
Perhaps we might organize another one this weekend if the forecast still looks bad by the end of the week.