Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, April 7, 2008

League sponsored happy hour this week

Check out the message sent around by the league's social chair.  There is a happy hour scheduled for Thursday night at Madam's Organ.  I would ordinarily get everyone ginned up to go, but I'm kind of slammed this week at work.  Since I'll be at work events each night, I am a "maybe" at best.  But by all means, go, it looks fun.


A quick reminder that this coming Thursday, April 10th, there will be
a CCSL happy hour at Madam's Organ in Adam's Morgan.  The happy hour
will help raise money for "City FC," a local small non profit soccer
program that CCSL's own Dan Driscoll created in 2007 for DC public
high school students.  This program provides District youth with a
free chance to play competitive soccer combined with first-rate
mentorship and college preparation.  Happy Hour starts at 5:30 - feel
free to stop by anytime after that.

As an added benefit, CCSL player and musician Jessica Wdowiarz and her
band "Straight Steel and Wire" will be providing live entertainment at
the happy hour.  To get a taste of their great music, check out their
myspace page at:

http://www.myspace.com/straightsteelandwire

No comments:

Post a Comment