Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Meet your team

This week, I submitted our Spring 2008 roster to the league.  We're all set for the season. Meet your team!

Women: Ally, Bri, Carolyn, Deanna (Dee?), Jackal, Kate, Katya, Kristin, Heather, Megan

Men: Adrian, Bubbles, Chip, Chris, Grizzy, Jer, Liam, Mike, Nate, Pete (The Finisher?), Tom

Alternates: Anna, Ashley, Carlitos, Cat, Court, Ermy, Jen, John, Leslie

Did I miss any good nicknames?


Some thoughts...

Our roster of women is super strong. I'm really proud of it, but of course many of the additions are due to recruiting of fellow teammates. Katya and Heather seem like veterans but actually they're still pretty new, having less than a full season under their belts.  This season, we added Deanna, Bri, and Carolyn.  Dee and Bri are part of our large CUA Contingent that also includes Jackie, Kate, and Ally.


We've been full on guys for a while.  Mike and Liam were our last additions.


We have many faithful and skillful alternates who routinely bail us out. Ashley and Cat are two new players that we'll meet at various points this season. Cat (Catherine) is my neighbor. Court knows that she's coming back to the team when she can manage it!

3 comments:

  1. my other nickname for Griz is "Frank Lloyd Dwight."

    PI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris' nickname used to be El Nino - of course named after my favorite Liverpool striker - Fernando Torres!

    I'll need a new nickname - I used to be El Loco, but I'm not so crazy anymore

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Nino is excellent. El Loco, yeah perhaps. You have a particular running style...there's got to be something there to commemorate that.

    PI

    ReplyDelete