Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

May 4th game - RSVP here

Please RSVP for this week's game by posting a comment below.

After a two-week layoff, we are back in action this Sunday. Game is at noon, Kenmore Middle School in Arlington.

The game is on grass so definitely call the inclement weather line if we get any more rain this week.

Watch out for traffic closures in Crystal City due to a bike race.

Show up early so we can warm up.

We are playing our rivals, Capital Crew, against whom we are 1-1-1 lifetime. The Crew started out slow but had a definitive win last week against Red Tape (2-0). Read about some past matches here and here (one of my favorites).

Let's be ready.

23 comments:

  1. I'll be there.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there.

    I give the game a 75% chance of being rained out :( as there is a 60% chance of rain on Saturday and the area's soil is already waterlogged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in - we better play

    PI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to be drinking beers and shooting guns (yea in that order) so I'm out.
    Griz

    ReplyDelete
  5. As of now, I am a NO, I hurt my toe this past weekend (ally, dont laugh) and i have not been able to run on it yet but if my status changes, i will let you all know-

    good luck,
    brianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm 77% certain that I am in. Let's see what the weather has to say about things.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in. Hopefully it will stay dry?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. in- but possibly need a ride? i will let u know

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm there. Isn't Kenmore turf?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't make it this weekend. I'll be in Utah.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah!! The percentage chance of rain on Friday and Sat. dropped to 20%, which means we have a 43.76% chance of getting rained out. So there is a 56.24% chance that I will be there.

    Otherwise I'll see you at the pick up location.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kenmore is not turf at least according to this web site:

    http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/ParksRecreation/scripts/fields/ParksRecreationScriptsFieldsRectangularParkName.aspx

    But I haven't been there in a while.

    It used to be a strangely bumpy grass field.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think Kenmore is grass. If folks want to know, it's the middle school at the corner of Route 50 and Carlin Springs. Not metro accessible but very easy to get to.

    PI

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are always rumors among the referee circle when a field is converted to turf. I thought I heard one about Kenmore, but I could certainly be mistaken.

    The only time I reffed there, it was, to quote Nathan, strangely bumpy grass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nate - I expect you to keep us updated on the precise chances of rain, and the corresponding likelihood of your own presence.

    Adrian and Chip - out

    Jon & Mike - in

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be there like Hot Fudge on Ice Cream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Folks, we've got a full squad. See you there. Weather looks like it may hold up.

    Women: Megan, Kate, Ally, Dee, Jackie, Heather, Katya, Carolyn, Kristin

    Men: Nate, Pete, Jer, Jon, Mike, Ermy, Chris

    ReplyDelete