First things first. This is the 300th post on this blog. It's an important milestone that will remembered forever and ever.Now, a message from your league social chair, Tim Daly. He wants to let you know about the CCSL tailgate at this weekend's DCU game. I would have organized something in support, but I'm going to Las Vegas instead. I encourage folks to go. See message below:
I wanted to send aquick reminder that a week from today, next Saturday April
26th - wewill be having our first CCSL tailgate of the year before the DCUnited
game at RFK! This event is cosponsored by the Washington AreaWomen's Soccer
League - and should prove to be a lot of fun!The game starts at 7:30pm, and DCU
will be taking on Real Salt Lake.There will be food and drink at the tailgate
starting at 5:00pm, so besure to stop by before kickoff! To find our tailgate,
look for theCCSL/WAWSL sign in Parking Lot 8, by Light pole numbered"8i." Light
pole "8i" is on the opposite side of lot 8 as theScreaming Eagles and Barra
Brava tailgate.We have created the attached flyer, so please if you have a
second,share with your players at your game and by email. We are reallytrying to
turn out a crowd for the game.Don't forget – CCSL needs your help – if you or
any of your playersare going to come to the game, try and order your tickets at
thefollowing link:http://dcunited.mlsnet.com/t103/tickets/2008/groups/season/index.jsp?code=ccslLastly
-- let me know if you think you or any of your teammates mightbe able to make
the tailgate - we are trying to get a handle on howmuch food to get. Also - if
you want to help us out at the tailgate -let me know - we need some
volunteers.Thanks folks! In the event you have any questions or need to reachme,
please feel free to shoot me an email or call me at (518)542-6560.Thanks
folks,Tim Daly – CCSL Social Chair
By the way, do you know which player is pictured above? I met the guy at National Airport last year. I did a post on it.
anyone want to go? its free tailgating, then soccer! i am def in, let me who else is in!
ReplyDeleteLuciano Emilio
ReplyDeleteKatya - I think you've been in touch with Tim (social chair) about the game. Have fun! RSL kicked our butt a few weeks ago. This time, let's hope it's different.
ReplyDeleteAnd to the anonymous contributor - you are correct, it's Emilio, the 2006-07 MVP and scoring champion. He's off to a slow start. He needs some service.
PI
I disagree.
ReplyDeleteHe's off form.
He's getting the ball at his feet and he always looks off balance, never turns, and his back pass is not accurate.
Plus when he shoots its off target and weak.
I hope I didn't go too easy on him ;)
I didn't see the game this weekend. I totally agree that he's off form. His back passes are terrible and he is losing all 5-50 balls. But notice that this is happening well in DC's half. He's having to come back and support. He's not getting any through balls or anything decent up front to try to finish. He's being forced to play to his weaknesses, thus he is now ineffective. Gallardo was supposed to solve this problem.
ReplyDelete