Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Friday, September 14, 2007

What to watch this weekend

The Soccer Insider is req'd reading for soccer fans in the DC area. One of my fellow CCSL captains - in fact, the captain of Far Post (that lucky team that got to face a 7-person Goleros squad last weekend) - is the soccer editor for the WP. Here's his post from today:

Posted at 2:30 PM ET, 09/14/2007
W2W4TW, non-WWC*
Hey there, Jon
DeNunzio here. Just thought I'd run through a few thoughts on the weekend in
soccer, outside of the Women's World Cup (four matches Saturday morning on
ESPN/ESPN2, btw).
- Fox Soccer Channel has
the North London
Derby
at 8:30 am Saturday. Spurs have not been good, but they may
play Aaron Lennon
in this game ... - FSC also has Chelsea-Blackburn at noon,
after West Ham-Middlesborough. Worth watching to root against Mourinho,
IMO.- GolTV has a
Bundesliga/La Liga mix on Saturday morning/early afternoon ... as Goffer would
say, zzzzzzzzz (I have at least one friend who would be upset I said that about
La Liga. Don't think I know anyone who watches the Bundesliga). - MLS: FSC has
Fire-Red Bulls at 8:30 pm Saturday. If you get HDNet, they have Crew-Wizards at
8 pm Saturday. And Telefutura has Chivas-Rapids at 3 pm Sunday.- Speaking of
Sunday, FSC has the black-and-white-stripes Italian derby, with Juventus-Udinese
at 9 am. Who plays for Udinese? How about Antonio di Natale, who had two goals vs. the Ukraine in
Euro 2008 qualifying Wednesday.
Also worth mentioning -- the 19th-ranked
Virginia Tech men's soccer team makes its first-ever TV appearance Friday night
at 8 pm on Fox Soccer, playing
No. 23 Tulsa
.
I'm sure I missed something here -- what are you gonna be
watching this weekend?
(* - What To Watch For This Weekend, non-Women's World
Cup)
Posted by Jon DeNunzio Permalink
Comments
(45)
Other Blogs' Comments: Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment