Hey, did you wonder why I was out of touch for the month of August? Well, I had a marathon business trip to China. With a few of my colleagues, I visited 3 regions in 2 weeks: Beijing, Xinjiang Autonomous Region in the far Northwest of China bordering Kazahkstan, Russia, and Mongolia, and Shanghai. I did a brief extension on my personal time to the town of Wuzhen in Zhejiang Province, which is close to Shanghai. Our days in Xinjiang were special, because it is not easily reached and because it represents a minority region of China. It was incredible opportunity and a fascinating and productive visit.
Here's a few photos - I'm sharing in case anyone is interested.
Photo 1 - Gate to the Forbidden City in Beijing. This giant structure separates giant Tiananment Square from the Forbidden City.
Photo 2 - Boy flying a kite in Tiananmen Square
Photo 3 - Shanghai skyline from the Jinmao Tower (in the Grand Hyatt lounge). You can see the initial blocks of Pudong before the river. On the other side is the older part of Shanghai - it's skyscrapers as far as the eye can see.
Photo 4 - Wuzhen, which is a preserved city in Zhejiang Province near Shanghai.
Shanghai! jesus.........(I gotta stop shopping at Wal Mart)
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing.
n