Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fwd: game on Sat at 11:00a.m, hopefully Sun too

Team,
 
Playoffs start this weekend.  The path to victory is pretty simple.  We play Red Tape on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. at Trinity.  This is a rematch of the last team we played on the same field.  If we win that game, we'll play again on Sunday, time and location TBD.  If we win that game, we're in the division final on Sunday July 1st. 
 
Please RSVP now for the Saturday game and let me know your sched for this Sunday and Sunday the 1st.
 
Make no mistake, this is a tournament and a huge opportunity!  We've never won anything outright and we're only 3 games away against known and beatable opponents.  Let's focus and do it!  The only way we are getting promoted is by winning the entire thing, because we narrowly lost out to Tsunami for 2nd in the division.  We are likely to play Red Tape, Tsunami, and Team X in that order.  Those are matchups that I will take.  But they aren't without their challenges.  First, we are without a trained GK on Saturday cause Anna and George are out.  Second, I'm out for the final game if we make it.  I've never wanted to be bitterly disappointed more; I want the team to make it and win it without me!
 
P.S. - Griz and Chip, either of you may get the call for GK on Sat, so please be ready and willing.  I am also considering taking the role, I'm just not sure what is best yet.

--
Goleros Soccer Club
www.golerosteam.blogspot.com


--
Goleros Soccer Club
www.golerosteam.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. Win both games so I can play on Sunday the 1st.
    n

    ReplyDelete
  2. otherwise you're all dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dead I tell ya'!

    (imagine Robert Deniro accent)

    n

    ReplyDelete