Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Friday, June 15, 2007

Copa de Oro no es muy bueno

We are huge US Soccer fans, but it's time to face the truth. The Gold Cup, aka, Copa de Oro, kind of sucks. This year, it's really bad. We understand that the US-Guatemala game was decent. Since then, it's been downhill. We played T&T (at least they play with passion) and a struggling El Salvador team. We beat El Salvador by a score of 4-0 but it could have been much worse. Taylor Twellman almost appeared to intentionally miss the final shot of the game so as not to throw the little nation into a crisis.

Now we're in the quarters versus Panama. We beat them in the last Gold Cup finals, and before that in a World Cup qualifier by a score of 6-0. If we win that game, and we better, we'll face...Canada! or Guadalupe! Are you kidding me, Canada? And Guadalupe, I swear I had to look it up on Wikipedia, I had never heard of it. I want to play Guadalupe, but can you imagine if we lost that game? The only two teams worth their salt are the US and Honduras (playing great). Mexico isn't looking too good at the moment.

At the end of the month, we'll compete in the Copa America, South America's far superior international tournament. We open against Argentina and we'll be lucky to win a single game.

1 comment:

  1. We just beat Panama 2-1, and Canada won, so on Thursday we face Canada.

    ReplyDelete