Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Grade: A+

I hope you're watching the Olympics.  I give it an A+.  It's been quite a show, from the politicized opening ceremony to the wealth of unique events.  I've watched badminton (China's Xie Xinfang is awesome), rowing, beach volleyball (May/Walsh rock), swimming (4 x 100 relay!), gymnastics (I've had enough though), boxing (normally hate it), and field hockey.

Don't forget about soccer.  The US men stumbled when, unexpectedly, they couldn't beat Nigeria in large part because of a very early red card by newcomer Michael Orozco, who has potential to sneak into the senior men's team at outside back.  They're going home.  But the US women have found a groove despite missing Abby Wambach.  Amy Rodriguez is filling in nicely and the midfield is dominating at the moment.  My favorite, Lori Chalupny, is back after a mild concussion.  The US women are in the knock out rounds.


2 comments:

  1. I've been watching the Olympics...staying up fairly late to do it. As good as it is we still get a raw deal from NBC. In Switzerland they have 5 channels running 24 hours a day. I don't think we need that much, but I would like to see more than just the gold medal rounds of sports like Judo, Fencing, Weightlifting, Archery, etc. (smaller sports).

    Supremely disappointed in the men's team. They showed immaturity. Freddy and Bradley both got stupid second yellow cards that put them out of the Nigeria match. Also, Novak continued his weird subbing habits pulling Adu out of the Holland match, as a result the US could not hold the ball. (Novak always pulled Gomez out of DC and at the end of the season Gomez did not have the match fitness to finish the playoff games). Can anyone tell me what Brian McBride contributed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shuttlecock! Shuttlecock! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete