Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Budget report

Team finances are in decent shape, all things considered.  

For dues, we're running a deficit for the year.  We have a few delinquents out there - you'll get emails from me.  I'm not a bank, please remember that.  Most of the deficit comes from indoor, because two guys who signed up bolted before the first game.  We were actually running a surplus for a long time because the indoor league never bothered to charge me.  I had to remind them like three times.  They just did it in July; I was about to issue refunds.

For our charity program, which is off budget, we collected $125 in the Spring season.  Because it took a while to get everyone paid up I never disbursed the money.  I'll hold onto it until fall and send the whole jackpot to United for DC at once.  It's just as well, our spring total is a  little disappointing.  Previously, we raised more, with a 50% participation rate, despite higher dues.  This time around, less than a third of the team contributed.  Let's raise a nice sum this fall.  Pretty soon, we'll pass that $1,000 mark in total contributions over the year or so that we've been doing the charity program.

Fall dues were paid to the league this week.  That's the topic of a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment