I feel really strange about the game. I guess I feel like I was just running around in circles. I don't remember having that many touches on the ball. I wasn't that tired after the game....and for having only one sub and being down 3-1 at one point I should have been exhausted with an effort to get the game back.
I'm a little sore today, but that is probably because we had a week off.
How does everyone else feel?
Their last two goals were from counterattacks....available to them because we were pushing up for the win. We had counterattacks too, but the goalie saved all but one (our second goal). They had one goal from sustained pressure (their first). We had one well worked goal.
I still believe we should have had a flat back defense. With that Jackie and Courtney (?) can push up the flanks, which forces our two midfielders to stay in the middle where they can help to prevent counterattacks from developing.
I leave that for you to decide Pete. It is a harder strategy to implement, but might solve certain problems.
I too felt strange but it wore off. We put two goals in on that team, and with just a few defensive adjustments, we could have won. You live and learn.
I was frustrated because I didn't get tired at all. That's always a bad sign when you lose.
I will think about the flat back thing. We need to do something so that the midfield and the defense work with each other a little more, to cover each other.
It was a fun game though. Let's focus on making the playoffs now!
I feel really strange about the game. I guess I feel like I was just running around in circles. I don't remember having that many touches on the ball. I wasn't that tired after the game....and for having only one sub and being down 3-1 at one point I should have been exhausted with an effort to get the game back.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little sore today, but that is probably because we had a week off.
How does everyone else feel?
Their last two goals were from counterattacks....available to them because we were pushing up for the win. We had counterattacks too, but the goalie saved all but one (our second goal). They had one goal from sustained pressure (their first). We had one well worked goal.
I still believe we should have had a flat back defense. With that Jackie and Courtney (?) can push up the flanks, which forces our two midfielders to stay in the middle where they can help to prevent counterattacks from developing.
I leave that for you to decide Pete. It is a harder strategy to implement, but might solve certain problems.
nathan
I too felt strange but it wore off. We put two goals in on that team, and with just a few defensive adjustments, we could have won. You live and learn.
ReplyDeleteI was frustrated because I didn't get tired at all. That's always a bad sign when you lose.
I will think about the flat back thing. We need to do something so that the midfield and the defense work with each other a little more, to cover each other.
It was a fun game though. Let's focus on making the playoffs now!