Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, August 22, 2011

Instructions for paypal - avoid fees!

I appreciate everyone using paypal - it is so much easier to collect and track.  Here are some additional instructions:

Make sure to send the money to my personal address, as shown on email.

Paypal is a free service when it's linked to your checking account.  You can link directly - therefore the money can flow both directions (you can paid by others too) - or you can do some kind of individual check clearance thing.  A few folks on the team do that.  You can also make convenient one-time payments via credit card.  This will result in a transaction fee.

Make sure to designate the transaction as a payment between friends and family.  That allows me to avoid a transaction fee.  This is not a good or service so you're not breaking any rules.  You are sending me money, which I advanced you as a favor.  If you don't make the right designation here, I end up paying a fee on my end to receive the money.

Thanks!




2 comments: