Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Road warriors

Did you know that members of our team recently drove nearly the entire length of I-95 in a single day?  By my estimates, they drove about 1,500 of the 1,900 total miles of highway stretching from the Miami area to Maine.

The teammates were Carlos and Ally.  Carlos woke up early Sunday morning and drove home from Miami with his family.  Ally woke up and drove to New England with Tom.  I am told they stopped for the night in Worcester, Mass, before continuing on to Portland the next day.  So unfortunately Ally did stray from the I-95 corridor for a period of time.

I work in transportation so this stuff is noteworthy to me.  Was it worth this very random post?  You decide.

Read more about I-95 here:

http://www.i95coalition.org/i95/Home/I95CorridorFacts/tabid/173/Default.aspx

1 comment:

  1. What can you do to get trucks off the roads and getting commercial shipping back onto rail? In Europe there are few trucks on the roads, the one that are on the roads are smaller, and they are forced to drive in the slow lane.

    You have the power Pete! Make it happen!

    ReplyDelete