Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Friday, August 19, 2011

Support a teammate and donate

Many of us have been affected by cancer in some way.  Elyse is raising money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.


Visit Elyse's fundraising page here...and make a donation to support a teammate!





Dear Family and Friends,
            I am excited to tell you on October 14-16 my mother and I will be participating in the Avon Walk to help fight breast cancer.  Breast cancer is a disease that has touched everyone’s life in some way.  Likewise, this is personal to me since my own mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I am proud to say that she is a 12 year survivor! She feels that her life was saved through awareness and early diagnosis. This will be the second time my mother is doing this walk.  Eleven years ago when I stood at the finish line and watched her complete the 60 mile walk wearing a pink survivor shirt, I never felt prouder and wanted more than anything to complete another walk by her side.  I am doing this walk to celebrate my mom, continue to raise awareness, and help defeat this horrible that disease that threatens my family, my future family, as well as all of our loved ones. 
            A quote that my mom shared with me since a young age was, “You’re not a failure if you fall down, you’re a failure if you don’t get back up.”  My mom didn’t only teach me this quote, but she showed me its true meaning. 
            Please join me in this important fundraiser by donating whatever you can to support my walk to continue awareness, prevention, and early diagnosis. You can make a donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. Whatever you can give will help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
With love and thanks,
Elyse


*Avon image courtesy of Avon Walk for the Cure (no copyright information on the website).


No comments:

Post a Comment