Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Goalie depth chart taking shape

You probably know that we're extremely lucky to have three keepers.  Alec, solid.  George, solid.  Anna, solid.  But did you know that we have a pretty deep bench behind that?  There's an intense competition out there for the final spots on the GK depth chart.

Adrian has established himself as the front runner for the fourth-string spot.  His chest save this weekend was beyond the capability of a mere field player who is filling in as goalie.  His overall performance gives the team confidence.

The fifth-string spot is the most competitive at the moment.  I have the most experience going into camp.  But Jon has expressed an interest in trying to unseat me.  He doesn't have many minutes back there, but there's reason to believe he would be good.  And let's not forget about Nate, with lots of experience, and Chip, always underrated at the position.  Griz continues to consider himself the last-ditch option after breaking a rib at the position.  Who else from the female roster will step up?

1 comment:

  1. I played goalie for my weeknight team recently and let in three goals...I think I should be fairly far down the list....
    One separated shoulder (right) and one unknown shoulder injury (left) really hurt my upper body strength and ability/willingness to dive.

    ReplyDelete