Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Sunday, September 26, 2010

3-0 victory

I am told we earned a 3-0 victory this afternoon.

Who had the points?

5 comments:

  1. 15th minute? Adrian goal one touch off the volley from a long high ball from Nate in defense. Keeper came out but was stranded as the wind caught the ball and it fell to Adrian - cool finish (OMG - Oh My Gol!)

    40th minute? Chris goal (right?) from a end line cross by Jer who had controlled a deep throw in.

    75th minute. Nate goal. Pass by who? over the last defender into the box - keeper missed it - not sure how but got ball into empty net.

    Sorry I freaked out yesterday about attendance - yesterday was complicated and stressful up until when everything worked out and we all had a good game.

    We've got an over .500 record early in the season. GO!GO!Goleros!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another note: Everybody played great yesterday - I think each guy rotated in on defense - we used are one sub situation very effectively. All the women deserve a hand for playing the whole game.

    Last weeks hat trick hero, Anna, had a great game in goal making several fine saves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I had the 2nd goal of the game off an assist from Jer.

    -Chris DiBlasi

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to an email discussion, we are crediting Griz with that third assist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I think that was my pass in to Nate on the third goal (dead ball from midfield, floated in over the defense), but it was such a scrum in there, that all credit for the goal should really just go to Nate. He made a goal out of basically nothing, and finished from a really acute angle. Technically, I'd call the goal unassisted.

    All credit to Anna as well. She made some key saves when it was 1-0 and 2-0 that could have made the game a lot more interesting.

    ReplyDelete