Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Monday, July 12, 2010

Much anticipated game ends in 1-0 win (corrected)

It was a much anticipated game. Two teams played before spectators and favored team took home a 1-0 victory.

No, I'm not talking about Spain's victory versus Holland in the World Cup Final. I'm talking about Code Orange's win versus Armory Divided in the first game of summer league.

We coasted to victory on the strength of Andy's late first-half strike. The rest of the game was somewhat uneventful. Only a few shots. Overall, we had the better opportunities and deserved the win. Andy's goal came at about the 35' mark. He made a move from the right wing and sent a hard and low shot to the near post. The keeper mishandled it and it dribbled into the net. That can happen when you test the keeper.

Did you enjoy the game?

I would say the story of the game was Mike B's comeback. The Tsunami captain has been sidelined for 18 months with some recurring knee injuries. He took a big step towards shaking those off. He looked good.

Notes: 1-0 win vs Armory Divided, 7/11/2010, W&L HS. Goal: Andy (Carlos). GK: Galen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Carlos got the assist from the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Yo Yo!!
    I think I had the assist but the finiash was all his!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Yo Yo!!
    I think I had the assist but the finiash was all his!

    ReplyDelete