Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Can you train like this fellow?

Listen up, Goleros.

Fall season is just around the corner. How hard are you training for it? We'll need your best if we are going to make another run for the title.

Take it from Johnny, a frequent presence on the sidelines and Anna's boyfriend. He's a rising amateur cyclist with an impressive category rating in the sport.

If you can match this training regimen, you can break into the starting lineup. His eating habits aren't necessarily the best for soccer (no offense to Ray's Hellburger, best burger place around), but the cardio and muscular training will work! Here's what Johnny told me about his pre-race routine:

First I hit Northside social for a bacon and egg biscuit with coffee and scone. I hit Ray's hellburger for lunch, Pollo Rico for dinner and Buzz cupcakes for dessert...LOL only wish I could.
My training basically consist of doing hill repeats, sprints and endurance rides. I ride anywhere from 140 to 170 miles a week depending on the upcoming races. This year I'm racing both road and mountain. Below is my schedule each week.
Monday: hill repeats for 90 minutes
Tuesday: 2.5 hr endurance ride

Wednesday: hill repeats for 90 minutes, if not racing
Thursday: Interval/sprints for 2 to 3 hours
Friday: off
Saturday: off, if I'm not racing
Sunday: Racing or 3 hour endurance ride




Check out this sweet photo of Johnny in the Peloton!


4 comments:

  1. Hotness!!!

    -Carlos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotness!!!

    -Carlos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez!! Happy fingers!! sorry for all the double posts

    -Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful Carlos....George is going to get jealous!!

    ReplyDelete