Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A small step


We raised a quick and impressive $300 at the game this week for Andy and the fight against cancer. I have sent your contributions to LUC, and they have already been forwarded to the American Cancer Society. The effort brought in a total haul of almost $1200. The money will be designated for cancer research.

Here's what Andy wrote to me this morning:

"The donation for cancer research was a whopping $1,165!!!! Which is pretty awesome since it was put together in a week. Peter- please thank your team
for doing this! You are a great group of players and I am very humbled and grateful for your teams participation. Tim- I am equally humbled and grateful for our team and their participation in this."


I don't think collecting money has ever been this easy. When people read about the challenge and the opportunity, they stepped up. It made for a nice atmosphere at the game. Clearly, a lot of us have been touched by cancer and are doing our best not to take anything - not even soccer - for granted.


THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING!


Post updated

No comments:

Post a Comment