Let's get this blog fired up again.
Here are the first of some photos I'll share of my business trip to Europe.
I had a free weekend in London towards the end of the trip. What was my first stop? Stamford Bridge, where Chelsea FC plays. Check out the location here on Google maps. I stayed in nearby Kensington so it was an easy place to start. The stadium has been around for more than 100 years - obviously they've renovated the place. I took a little tour. Not bad, but for L10 ($20), I would have liked to scrimmage with the team.
Has DCU ever played Chelsea? You tell me.
yes....twice I think
ReplyDeleteIn one of the games, Bobby Boswell scored a great header in an eventual loss....I think
at last an instance in which my own recollection is better than nate's. i am pretty sure they've only played once - at fedex field. you correctly recall the Boswell header which initiated scoring and which i saw up close. wow! of course, then chelsea decided they would try. sean wright-phillips and joe cole connected for a burner. then, in the second half, crespo absolutely burned the defense for an easy goal. 2-1 loss, great game though. we had a $2M payroll at the time and they had $200M.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.oleole.com/blogs/chelseablog/posts/dc-united-v-chelsea
ReplyDeletehttp://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=14215716
hey all, I went to that game at fed ex field, it was awesome. The stadium was packed
ReplyDelete