Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Sunday, January 13, 2008

POTD

In 2003, I had a layover in Frankfurt on my way home from Cape Town.  Guess who lives in the Frankfurt area?  Anne, our star former fullback.  We had lunch at the airport.  

Anne came to us on a player loan from Germany.  Actually, she just played for us during her one-year stint in Rockville as an au pair.  At that time, we were an emerging side finally getting a few wins under our belt.  Anne excelled at tackles and helped us become respectable.  

When she returned to Germany, she went to University to study languages and international affairs.  What did she get her degree in?  What is she doing now?  Where is she living?  I wonder.  I'll try to get her to comment here.  Anne, best wishes and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. hey there,
    and thanks peter! :)
    what I have been up to after a great soccer season over there? I went back to Germany, sudying International Management, including academic and practical semesters in Italy and Mexico. Last year I finished with this Bachelor of Business Administration. And by now I am studying for my first exams in my Master Program of International Development Studies (living again "at home", since my new university is only 60km away). Probably by 2009/2010 I will be done with university and finally have to look for a job...but fortunately there is still plenty of time before doing so ;)

    And what happened to all of you???

    Ciao y muchos saludos!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to hear from you Anne. You're the classic student! I've been there myself, it will be nice to finally be done with your Masters. Congratulations on everything.

    The team has continued on a good path. We've switched to a more competitive league and generally improved quite a bit. We had a good year in '07 - things are rolling!

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete