Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We're on for Thursday

The DC United playoff match is this Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Let's meet at Capitol Lounge at 5:00 for some drinkin'. If you don't already have your ticket in hand, I'll give it to you there. Let's avoid what happened last time where I had to go in and out of the stadium passing people their tix during the match. We'll probably head to the stadium about 6:30.

DCU plays the Chicago Fire, who routinely kick our butt in the playoffs. DCU is coming fresh off a 1-0 loss in the first game of this round. That means that they must win the game. If they win by 1 goal, there will be a 30-minute overtime followed by PKs if necessary. If they win by 2 or more goals, they'll advance directly on aggregate goals.

The last match was testy. Cuatemoc Blanco is at his best, feigning injury and fouls. DC has several players recovering from injury (Emilio and Moreno). It ain't gonna be easy.

See you at Cap Lounge!

2 comments:

  1. If DCU wins, the Eastern Conference championship will be at RFK the following Thursday night.

    Be prepared to pony up quickly for tickets. We will buy them fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to do a post - I had an awesome time at the bar and the game. this is a great team!

    ReplyDelete