Team, now that the season is over, it's time to vote for Fall season MVPs. We've got some great players and people on this team. It's time to recognize them! Ideally, I'd like folks to vote on 1 man and 1 woman - and it's all in fun of course. Use whatever criteria you'd like. I believe I was nominated in an earlier post for most prolific blogger that no one reads. Put your nominations here.
My votes are Griz and Ally.
ReplyDeleteAlly was tremendously effective in this, her first full season with us. Griz was too, and he played with a lot of heart and determination, in a variety of roles as assigned - right back, stopper, defensive midfielder, left wing, right wing.
Honorable mentions to Liam, Nate, Jon (hat trick) and Kara. Kara played well in her 3 matches with us - and saved the team from forfeit in week 2.
I will have to vote Mike and Jacqui. I felt good about bringing Mike on the team and he had a handful of assists while holding down the defense in many games. I vote Jacqui because in fun I give her crap after every game but she always shows up to play (if she could only put her shots on goal!).
ReplyDeleteJackie, I am sorry I destroyed your name. I have a friend that spells her name that way and I wasn't thinking straight. Please insert Jackie instead of Jacqui in my earlier post.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to vote for Jackie because, well, if I don't she might yell at me again and I just don't want that in my life. She always plays hard and at the same time makes sure everyone is having a great time.
ReplyDeleteHonorable mentions: Chris (always holds down the midfield), Ally (the enforcer), "Grizzy" (great effort every time he's out there), Jon (the go to goal scorer)
I vote Jackie and Mike hands down. The two of you come to play every single game and I think I can speak for the team when I say it is incredibly admirable for all of us. (or maybe just me...)
ReplyDeleteI am going to play the role of politician. I stick with my vote, but at the same time I agree with everyone! We have a lot of contributors. I am proud to say I voted for Jackie last season! Girl got game. OK, was that a lame way of putting it?
ReplyDeleteAnd sorry, it's not Griz. It's Grizzy.
No one has a better motor on this team than Nathan. I vote for him and Jon.
ReplyDeleteI vote for Heather for female MVP on the strength of her depantsing move on Hanz from Red Tape.
Thanks for the vote Jer!
ReplyDeleteI would like to increase the support for Mike...plays everywhere...probably the highest percentage passer...locked down the free kick position (of course Chris always has a vote from me since we've played together before and finally got to show how we can link up in the last game).
I think Ally and Jackie tie for my vote for their stellar performances in the middle of the field. We couldn't run a 3-5-2 formation without a female presence in the middle, and I couldn't go on my rampaging runs without the same (which at my age is one of the only things left to me that keeps me excited to still play ;)
n