Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fallfest is coming...

It's mid November, the regular season is over, and you're feeling blue. Whatcha gonna do?

Play the Fallfest.

This year's tournament will take place on Saturday Nov. 17th. Some will choose to make it a Goleros Weekend by joining us at the MLS Cup that Sunday.

Fallfest is a good time. Last year, we finished second after a commanding performance in our group, a thrilling semifinal win, and a darn good effort in the finals. When the final whistle blew, man were we exhausted. And cold. Remember, this is where we were introduced to Pants Guy. Read about it in this rough sketch of a post.

We need to register a team soon. We'll do it by email.

In the meantime, got any memories to share? Put 'em here.

9 comments:

  1. George, john M, and carlos should be the start of our reunion tour. GO GOLEROS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Chris. Where did you get those fat pants man?

    And let's make it a full Goleros weekend with the MLS Cup and tailgate on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liam - you gotta follow the hyperlinks! Fallfest is a fall tournament put on by columbia soccer (www.columbiasoccer.com). we did it last year and intend to do it again. it's played in columbia, MD. approx. $30 per person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI, I just checked the Web site.



    Upcoming Tournaments

    The 2007 "Fall Fest" currently scheduled for Saturday, November 17th, 2007 has been postponed indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised to see that - it's new, it was just posted. I emailed the tournament organizer to get more details...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, If you guys need girls, I'd love to play with you guys again for the tourney.

    Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen (can we call you J-Lo?) - of course we will let you know. I have confirmed with the organizer that it won't happen on 11/17. No available fields. He's looking into a December date.

    Hope you're doing well. The Goleros miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you may call me whatever you like, Peter. lol

    Dec. works for me, just keep me in the loop. I miss playing with you guys as well.

    yay soccer!!

    ReplyDelete