According to Steven Goff's blog, it's the 10th anniversary of the USA vs Portugal match. Check out the highlights below. To me, this is still the most exciting soccer game every played, perhaps one of the best sports matches I've ever seen. It's not a pure thriller. But I had recently become a die-hard US fan, and we never expected to make it out of the group. Portugal was one of the best teams in the tournament, or so it seemed. And we led the entire game! Many of the US players were under 25 years old - it was a really young squad. John O'Brien, Claudio Reyna and Brad Friedel were at their peaks - O'Brien would never play at a high level again because of injuries.
Carlos and I watched this game together at 3:00 a.m. in the morning at Summer's.
Check out Agoos' own goal. It's an owngolazo.
No comments:
Post a Comment