Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Friday, February 3, 2012

Play pick up!

Bless Nate, he's doing everything he can to motivate people to get in soccer shape before the season starts.  We need it folks.  We have a history of starting slow.  What would you give to change that?

The key is touching the ball often and keeping yourself fit by playing and cross-training.  You should be doing that now.

Nate has looped everyone in on weekly pickup games on Sunday mornings, 10:00 a.m., in the new Long Bridge Park near Crystal City.  Last week, I believe Nate, George, Carlos, and Chris N. were there.  I may join in this week. 

Until last night, I had been dormant for weeks.  I played in a really competitive pick up game.  I had some off moments, but I did launch a left-footed bending long ball that resulted in a score.  My best pass in years.  Let's see if I can do it again on opening day.

1 comment:

  1. Sometime withing the next 2-3 weeks let's try to get a lot of Goleros out there and make it a full size field scrimmage.

    ReplyDelete