Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Silver Fox to go on the IR!



He's in such good shape, I bet you thought you'd never see this image.  But it happened.  The Silver Fox suffered his first significant soccer injury in years, spraining his right ankle in the Tuesday night pick-up game that he and George play.  George texted me that night - when he told me the news and I heard the two of them laughing like hyenas I thought it was a joke.  So I went to the ER myself.  It wasn't a joke.  But we had about as good of a time as you can have in an ER at midnight.  Carlos told the people in the waiting room that it was a skiing injury.  I played the role of (pretend) angry manager when the doctor came around.  Darn it, I need this central defender back on the field next week.  Doc, make it happen!  Give him a shot!  The PA who reviewed the X-rays was a little alarmed and tried to tell Carlos that it would take longer and that he shouldn't be forced to play soon.  Better to take his time to recover properly.

Carlos saw the Goleros team Orthopedist, Dr. Klimkeiwicz of Georgetown, today.  Yes, we have a team Ortho.  He did an operation on me, and he has treated Carlos and a few other players as well.  As we get older, we may have to take him away from his practice focused on Georgetown athletes and devote him full time to our players.


The diagnosis is severe ankle sprain, 6 weeks.  Get well buddy!  You're in great condition.  You will make a full recovery.  And yes, take your time!


1 comment:

  1. If you ever need comedic relief at an ER.... George and Peter are tops!

    Thanks for being there for me. Now go out and go deep in the playoffs!!

    SF. :-)

    ReplyDelete