Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

1000th Post!


This blog started in March 2007 with this post.  Since then, we have posted 1000 times.  Even more impressive, you read many of those posts!  It's been a sensational tool and a good way to keep our team together on a virtual pitch.  We have lots of hits and about 2500 comments.

Here are a few other stats, according to blogger (all of this is true):


  • We have 13,288 page views.  The vast majority of those hits came from within the United States, but it seems we also have a following in the Netherlands, Russia, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, the UK, Taiwan, and Italy. 
  • About 20% of our viewers use a Mac - that's disappointingly low considering I'm in that club.  We've had 116 hits on Mobile Safari, in other words, iPhones.
  • Our peak viewership was in September 2009, but we had a nice spike this year in September as well.
  • We've been searched for specifically in Google about 500 times, and we've gotten some referrals from facebook.  I've been meaning to shut that off because I kind of like the anonymity of the blog.  I have otherwise removed it from most search capability.
  • For some strange reason, this was our most viewed post (97 times).  Nap's RSVP to Game 6 is the second place finisher with 68 hits - strange stuff.  This mobile photo of Griz's daughter ranked pretty high too.
This was way more successful than I thought years ago.  Thanks to everyone who makes it fun and worthwhile!  Thanks to Nap, De, Ally, Nate, and others for participating.



No comments:

Post a Comment