Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Code Orange ends season with scoring blitz (corrected again!)

Code Orange went out with a bang today, sporting a 7-0 win.  The other team, bless their hearts, was not particularly strong.  If memory serves, goals were scored by Melissa, Griz, Carlos, Pete, Alyssa, Alec, and Vic. The goal of the match was clearly Patrick's distribution from the goalie position all the way over the top of the other team's defense.  Carlos collected the ball on the run and beat the keeper to the near post.  Wow.  I did get a goal myself too.  My scoring prowess was not exactly on display, however.  I missed quite a few opportunities.

It was a fun time.  Thanks to Tsunami for combining forces with us.  Let's look to do this again next summer.  We're heavy on guys a few weeks, but really we're constantly short players and we just need a relaxing atmosphere where organization, winning, etc etc are not the main focus.  So it works.  

Good times. 

Here are the results.  Our record was 3-4.  Two of our three victories were pretty darn close.  Our losses, not so much.  If not for the goals in the final game, it would have been super ugly in terms of goals.  Going into that last game, we had scored 3 goals in 6 matches, while giving up 16!  We ended with a GD of -7.  Andy, with two goals, was our leading scorer.  I think everyone else on the board only had one goal.  I'm sure we had an assist leader.  But I don't know who it was.  I didn't keep track today.



  • SUMMER 2010 (3-4, .429)

  • ---------------

  • 1-0 win on 7/11 to Armory/Divided

  • 1-0 win on 7/18

  • 4-0 loss on 7/25 to Buena Vista

  • 3-0 loss to Funky Prism on 8/1

  • 7-0 loss on 8/8!

  • 2-1 loss on 8/15

  • 7-0 win on 8/22


Enjoy the rest of your summer. Thanks to Mike, Alyssa, and Ally for helping to organize. See you in the fall!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again to Peter and Alyssa and everyone else who kept it going this Summer!!!
    -Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup..I had the first one..completely unmemorable due to how easy it was. haha So maybe it was 7-0?

    ReplyDelete