Inclement Weather Line

703-229-1705

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cast your vote!

It's time to recognize your teammates for their contributions. Let's start with these two categories:



- MVPs for Fall 2008 season (1 man, 1 woman)

- Goal of the Year


Read about past winners here.

There are other potential categories of course. Maybe you'd like to recognize someone for being "Most Dedicated to Happy Hour" or "Most Likely to Get Lost on the Way to the Game". Whatever, just let your teammates hear it. And vote on MVP and Goal of the Year too.

6 comments:

  1. MVP -
    Alec and Bri

    Most likely to be at HH
    Jackie

    Most likely to get Lost
    Katya

    Most likely to Not show up to a game
    Kristin or Mike

    Does that cover it? HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MVPs are Alec and Anna. Alec proved his mettle in goal by making some great saves. We are lucky to have several quality goalkeeping options. Anna was critical and highly effective - she has that drive and creativity to be an offensive threat no matter who she is up against. Despite being an alternate, she had 3 assists and played in a majority of games, to expressly help us deal with the difficult losses of Heather and De. Thanks Anna!

    Yep, Katya wins Most Likely to Get Lost. Sorry, Katya, that category was tailor made for you, I had to poke fun.

    Most Dedicated to Happy Hour? Oh that's Kate. I believe her record in this regard is unchallenged. She always shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, I'm disappointed with the vote tally.

    Nominees for Goal of the Year are, in chronological order:

    - Adrian & De's combination in the Red Tape game (perfect header)

    - Chris' angry solo effort vs Red Tape (shot to upper 90 from top of the box after dribbling)

    - Chip's first-time laser in Diplomats game

    - Jon's dominant long shot over the goalie vs Armory in playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MVP's: Heather and De
    (I know they are both women - but that's my vote ;)

    Goal of the year: Jon's. Really, Adrian's off De's cross was the best overall soccer play, but I have to reward someone (Jon) for finally making one of those goalies that always drift off their line pay for that habit.

    Most dedicated to happy hour?: I have no idea since I didn't make a one. I'm tempted to vote for myself because I was always there in spirit and usually had a beer at home in honor of the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys- i feel honored to have your support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MVP Female: Bri(of course)
    MVP Male: Alec

    Toughest Players this season:
    De & Heather

    Biggest flirt? Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete